Bethany continues to monitor the changing situation and follows the specific COVID health and safety advice for Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC). With relation to current restrictions (from 20 September), we will be in touch with all families, before the beginning of Term Four.
If you have any questions, please contact one of our educators, or contact us at 5273 0200 or via email at email@example.com.
We understand these are challenging times for families, and we are here to support our educators, families and community as best as we can.
What is Bethany’s response?
Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) services, including kindergarten, are permitted to be open, with appropriate risk mitigation measures in place (unless instructed by the Victorian Department of Health to close). Bethany monitors the changing situation and follows the specific COVID health and safety advice for ECEC. Our priority is families, our staff and the broader community.
Bethany Kindergarten Services has a COVIDSafe Plan.
All kindergartens remain open.
Kindergartens continue to implement a variety of measures to reduce the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission. The risk mitigation strategies are based on the health safety advice for ECEC.
What can families do?
Families are requested to follow the risk mitigation strategies that are in place, these include:
- Keep children who are unwell at home. Children cannot return to kindergarten until they are symptom free.
- If children show COVID like symptoms, DET advise they should get tested and self-isolate until the results are known.
- Follow the direction of kindergarten staff regarding the COVID requirements at each site including drop off and collection procedures, QR codes, face masks, hand sanitization and physical distancing between adults.
- Avoid adults gathering together at drop off or collection times.
- Adhere to government advice regarding face masks requirements including at drop off and collection times.
- To support contract tracing, when permitted to enter the kindergarten, all visitors must use the QR code . This does not include children in the kindergarten program but does include all other visitors including family members.
When must children stay home and not attend kindergarten?
Please do not bring children to kindergarten if:
- They are unwell, even if it’s just mild symptoms and advise educators
- Anyone in the household is awaiting COVID-19 test results and showing COVID-19 symptoms
- Anyone in the household has been identified as a close contact (with a positive COVID case) and is in 14-day isolation awaiting medical clearance.
- Please contact Bethany Kindergarten Services on 5278 8122 if your child is a confirmed case of COVID-19 or they have come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
When will families be asked to collect children from kindergarten?
We will call and ask families to pick up children if they begin to show any of the following symptoms:
Chills or sweats
Shortness of breath
Loss of sense of smell/taste
Where do I find more information?
Make contact with the kindergarten educator team. The Central Support Office can be contacted on 5273 0200 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do I get further information about COVID-19?
The Australian Government – Department of Health
The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
The Victorian Department of Education and Training