COVID-19 alert: effective 15 July 2021
State Government advice effective as of 15 July 2021 includes changes to our COVID guidelines, and remain in place until 11.59pm on Tuesday 27 July, or until further Government advice is received.
- All Bethany Kindergartens remain open, with appropriate risk mitigation measures in place
- Visitors must sign in via our QR code or book, wear a face mask, keep at least 1.5metres distance from one another and ensure good hand hygiene
- Our educators and teaching staff will also wear a face-mask, except while educating or caring for children (unless they prefer to wear a mask)
- The density limit at our kindergartens is one person per four square metres
- Community, staff and children must stay home if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, and get tested immediately
- Excursions and incursions will be postponed, however outdoor playgrounds and visiting nearby parks are open
- Service tours, orientation programs, open days and on-site events that involve families are paused for the moment until restrictions are eased. Virtual tours or each kindergarten can be found on our website.
- Staff and families attending a Bethany Kindergarten should consider any potential impacts if they are planning to travel interstate. Staff and children are able to return to the service when they have complied with the requirements of their permits. View the Victorian travel permit system
Outside of these updates, all other COVIDSafe practices outlined on this page remain in effect.
In response to the current global health emergency regarding COVID-19, the Bethany Group are closely monitoring the evolving situation, guided by the advice we receive from State and Federal Governments and health organisations.
Our priority is the families who use our services, our staff and the broader community at this time.
Bethany Kindergarten Services (BKS) continues to review and respond to the advice provided by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC), the primary authority advising governments and government departments in Australia on the response to COVID-19.
Risk mitigation strategies
All kindergartens continue to implement a variety of measures to reduce the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission. This includes available hand sanitiser, ensuring physical distancing of 1.5 metres between adults, information posters and floor markings to allow for easy social distancing.
Increased high-touch point cleaning will continue at each kindergarten.
When to wear masks and maintain physical distancing
You must comply with physical distancing, wear a face mask when distancing cannot be maintained, and follow hand hygiene requirements. Your kindergarten will give you specific advice about drop-off and pick-up. Advice about this might differ between each of our kindergartens. Contact your kindergarten about any questions you have.
Who should use QR codes when visiting a kindergarten?
To support contact tracing, Bethany Kindergarten Services has developed a QR code for visitors, parents, carers and family members who visit on-site. Visitors who do not have a device will be required to sign the visitor book.
This QR process is not required at drop off or pick up times or for visitors who stay less than 15 minutes at the kindergarten.
Who can visit a kindergarten?
We will be guided by current Government advice regarding visitors allowed on site. Please see current advice at top of this page.
Excursions and incursions
Bethany Kindergarten Service educators may plan to conduct incursions and excursions in 2021 when Government advice allows this to take place. When planning, educators will ensure all required steps are taken to minimise risks associated with the potential transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please do not bring children to the kindergarten if:
- They are unwell, even if it’s just mild symptoms and advise educators
- Anyone in the household is awaiting COVID-19 test results and showing COVID-19 symptoms
- Anyone in the household has been identified as a close contact (with a positive COVID case) and is in 14-day isolation awaiting medical clearance.
- Please contact Bethany Kindergarten Services on 5278 8122 if your child is tested for COVID-19, is a confirmed case of COVID-19 or they have come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
What you can expect from a Bethany Kindergarten
We have a higher level of cleaning in place and this will continue
We are promoting regular handwashing with the children
We are playing outside as much as possible, as the weather permits
We will call and ask families to pick up children if they begin to show any of the following symptoms:
- Chills or sweats
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell/taste
What do I do if I would like more information?
- Contact your child’s teacher by online communication portals (eg Educa, school stream, story park), email and phone to discuss your child’s needs and progress. We are requesting parents and carers limit face to face contact with educators
- Advise your child’s educators if your child will not be attending to assist them with planning
- Keep your child’s teacher up to date with any family circumstances that may affect your child
- It is a difficult time for many families. If you require support, please reach out, we are here to help. The Central Support Office can be contacted on 5273 0200 or via email at email@example.com.
Where do I get further information about COVID-19?
The Australian Government – Department of Health
The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
The Victorian Department of Education and Training