In response to the current global health emergency regarding COVID-19, the Bethany Group are closely monitoring the evolving situation, guided by the advice we receive from State and Federal Governments and health organisations.
Our priority is the families who use our services, our staff and the broader community at this time.
Bethany Kindergarten Services (BKS) continues to review and respond to the advice provided by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC), the primary authority advising governments and government departments in Australia on the response to COVID19.
Are all Bethany Kindergartens still open?
- In line with the latest advice from the Victorian Government, all 22 kindergartens are open.
- 3 year old and 4 year old kindergarten programs are being provided for Term 2, at no cost to families.
Where do I go if I need further information about fees?
- There are no parent fees payable in Term 2.
- All families have been sent information about fees, however the fees team can be contacted on (03) 5273 0212 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
What if my child is enrolled, but I prefer to care for them at home?
- We understand that families are making individual choices regarding attendance at Kindergarten.
- Families will keep their place in kindergarten, regardless of attendance during Term 2.
- We are developing a Learning at Home approach for families that choose to keep children at home.
- There is no need to cancel your enrolment. Keeping your child enrolled will hold your child’s place at the service and allow them to access Learning from Home resources.
What extra precautions have Bethany implemented related to COVID-19?
- A Factsheet has been developed for families and is available at each location
- There are new procedures when dropping off and collecting children
- Supplies and additional equipment have been provided at each location
- Additional cleaning regimes have been arranged across all locations
- Staff are being support to access the Influenza vaccination. Where appropriate and safe, families have been requested to do this also.
- Practice guidelines have been provided to BKS staff to assist in changing and modifying the learning environment.
What are some of the changes to the learning program?
- Activities will be set up, routines put into place, furniture and equipment spaced to encourage individual and small group play
- Maximum opportunity for outdoor play will be provided – please ensure children are dressed in warm clothes as days become cooler
- Educators will avoid bringing the children together as a large group and will work with children individually and in small groups
My child is unwell, what do I do?
- If your child is unwell, even with a mild illness, you must keep them at home and advise educators
- Children who show any signs of illness, including mild symptoms, during a session, must be collected and return home
- Please contact BKS on 52788122 if your child is tested for COVID-19, is a confirmed case of COVID-19 or they have come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- If a family member a child is residing with is being tested, we require that children remain home until the outcome of the test is known.
What do I do if I would like more information?
- Contact your child’s teacher by online communication portals (eg educa, school stream, story park), email and phone to discuss your child’s needs and progress. We are requesting parents and carers limit face to face contact with educators
- Advise your child’s educators if your child will not be attending to assist them with planning
- Keep your child’s teacher up to date with any family circumstances that may affect your child
- It is a difficult time for many families. If you require support, please reach out, we are here to help. The Central Support Office can be contacted on 5273 0200 or via emailat email@example.com.
Where do I get further information about COVID-19?
The Australian Government – Department of Health
The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
The Victorian Department of Education and Training