BKS is a not for profit community based organisation that is governed by a Board of Directors. BKS is a provider of Early Years Management (EYM) and aims to work towards an integrated and sustainable early childhood education system that is well positioned to achieve improved outcomes for all young children through the provision of high quality and accessible kindergarten programs. BKS works with kindergartens across its EYM group to deliver high quality and inclusive early childhood education programs.
Kindergartens provide a stimulating play-based learning environment for children 3-5 years of age. Through experimenting and participating in group interactions with others, children make friends, build resilience and develop positive self-esteem. Research shows children who attend a kindergarten program are more likely to be independent, confident and make a smooth transition to primary school.
All Kindergarten roles will require ACECQA approved qualifications.
Applications for Activity Group Leader positions from Bachelor qualified applicants are welcome. Please note if you are Bachelor qualified and successful for an Activity Group Leader position, the following will apply:
- The rate of pay will be equivalent to a Bachelor qualified teacher;
- All other entitlements will be equivalent to an Activity Group Leader position, as outlined in the current VECTEA 2016 Agreement, including leave entitlements; and
- Planning time is above Award and outlined in the staff record, available at interview.
Other roles will require the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification – Teacher roles)
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education (or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification – (Diploma & Activity Group Leader roles)
- Certificate III in Early Childhood education and Care (or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification – (Assistant roles)
- Certificate in First Aid Level 2 (including current annual CPR certificate)
- Certificate in Asthma Awareness/ Management
- Certificate in Anaphylaxis Awareness/ Management (including current annual Auto-Injection Refresher certificate)
- Current Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration (Teacher roles) or Working with Children Check (non-teaching roles)
- Go to the Current Employment Opportunities page under the Careers tab, to view current vacancies
- Click on the position you are interested in, and read the relevant position description carefully
- Click on the Apply Now button and complete the online form
- Provide the position reference number of the role you are applying for
- Provide a brief cover letter and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria
- Provide a current work history
- All documents must be submitted in Word of PDF format.
The BKS recruitment process will include:
- review of claims made against the prescribed Key Selection Criteria and qualifications required;
- behavioural-based panel interviews; and
- referee checking.
Please Note: applications not including a cover letter, work history or reference number cannot be accepted. As we experience a high volume of applications, BKS will only make contact with shortlisted candidates.
Some BKS positions will specify a location however, as BKS is a multi-site organisation, the position and the employee may be relocated to any other existing or future work locations where it conducts its operations. Annual enrolment fluctuations and changes may necessitate relocation of positions and may involve a change in service location and an alteration in hours of employment.
Attendance at out-of-hours meetings to support the service and the community are a requirement of most positions within BKS.
Appointments with BKS are subject to satisfactory completion of a probation period and evidence of the Right to Work in Australia.
BKS reserves the right to make direct appointments without advertising or to withdraw any opportunities advertised prior to the closing date.
Information on terms and conditions of employment are available upon request or by accessing the following links:
Fair Work Information Statement:
Click here to access the Fair Work Ombusdman Fair Work Information Statement.